- August 28, 2017
- Posted by: POS Support
- Category: QuickBooks Point Of Sale
Firewall configuration for QuickBooks Point of Sale
A firewall is a physical device or security software which is intended to prevent unauthorized access based on a certain standard. Regardless of Whether the firewall is on server or workstation, it can block communication between QuickBooks Point Of Sale company data and workstation.
Most of the time Point of Sale automatically configures the QuickBooks firewall. However, sometimes we need to configure manually which we will talk about further. If you configure your firewall application manually, you should review the appropriate sections of the manual that has supplied with the firewall program.
Read more about this Blog: Firewall configuration for QuickBooks Point of Sale
Some processes may be interrupted from the blocking of QuickBooks Point of Sale:
- Electronic Funds Transfer: Intuit Merchant Services credit card processing.
- Database Server Manager: (Server installation only) Ability to connect and record transactions/changes to the company file.
- Intuit Entitlement Service: Product license and user validation.
How to Configure Windows firewall for QuickBooks Point of Sale?
- First of all, press Windows+R to open the run command.
- Type in control and click OK to open the Control Panel.
- Set the ‘view by’ to Small Icons and select Windows Firewall.
- Select Advanced Settings and click Inbound.
- Click New Rule.
- Select Port and click Next.
- Enter the port numbers and click Next (See Point of Sale Firewall Ports section).
- Select Allow Connection and click Next.
- Name your firewall rule and click Finish
- Follow steps 5-9 to create a new Outbound Rule.
Hope this article will be worthy and helpful to learn windows firewall configuration. Still, If you have any Question/Query in mind or want to get help and best support from professional experts, dial QuickBooks Point Of Sale Support phone number +1-844-551-9757 anytime.